Sepsis is a potentially life-threatening condition that occurs when the body has an extreme response to an infection that damages its own tissues. Because sepsis can be especially serious for the senior population, Advena Living at Fountainview has developed a Sepsis/ID Management Program to promote early identification, provide treatment and reduce re-hospitalizations related to sepsis:
- Clinical staff specially trained in the treatment and early identification of infections and sepsis (TMF curriculum)
- Stat lab capabilities for CBCs and blood cultures
- Antibiotics adjusted with culture and sensitivity results
- Standing orders for initiation of hydration protocols via IV fluids
- IV antibiotic administration (urgent and routine)
- Daily labs until cleared
- Therapy initiated as soon as possible to ensure quick recovery
A proactive treatment option included in our sepsis program is Theraworx Protect, an integral part of infection prevention and control programs for reducing healthcare-acquired conditions, hospital readmissions and antibiotic use. It is applied to the skin to promote skin and urinary tract health.
We also provide management and treatment of other infections that are secondary to:
- Drug resistance
View our flyer to learn more about our Sepsis Management Program.